Science has shown the most successful people are often also those who rely heavily on the power of networking.
Ultimately, pursuing opportunities to connect with industry leaders or professionals with varying interests and perspectives is critical to your own career growth.
However, networking can be exhausting -- and, at the end of a long work day, it might be the last thing you want to do.
When you're sitting at your desk unsure if you're actually going to go to the networking event you've had penciled on your calendar, it's important you muster up both the energy and the motivation to power through and channel the confidence you need to make authentic connections.
Here, we've cultivated a list of 18 networking quotes to help you connect with people -- and remember why it matters.
1. "The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity." -- Keith Ferrazzi
2. "Networking is a lot like nutrition and fitness: we know what to do, the hard part is making it a top priority." -- Herminia Ibarra
3. "Networking is an investment in your business. It takes time and when done correctly can yield great results for years to come." -- Diane Helbig
4. "The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person's needs ahead of their own." -- Bob Burg
5. "I'm convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance." -- Steve Jobs
6. "Your network is your net worth." -- Porter Gale
7. "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want" -- Zig Ziglar
8. "My Golden Rule of Networking is simple: Don't keep score." -- Harvey Mackay
9. "Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen." -- Brene Brown
10. "Instead of better glasses, your network gives you better eyes." -- Ronald Burt
11. "Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, your uniqueness, what you stand for." -- Christine Comaford-Lynch
12. "Networking is not about just connecting people. It's about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities." -- Michele Jennae
13. "Pulling a good network together takes effort, sincerity and time." -- Alan Collins
14. "Networking is an enrichment program, not an entitlement program." -- Susan RoAne
15. "The single greatest 'people skill' is a highly developed and authentic interest in the other person." -- Bob Burg
16. "Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them." -- Steve Jobs
17. "Know where you want to go and make sure the right people know about it." -- Meredith Mahoney
18. "Success isn't about how much money you make; it's about the difference you make in people's lives." -- Michelle Obama
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly